The Google search engine allows you to find answers to a variety of questions in a matter of seconds, learn the latest news and find useful information. Its main advantage is the possibility of intellectual search: when entering queries, the search engine “thinks out” the continuation for you, offering the most common options.
The system is able to detect spelling errors and automatically correct searches so that users do not waste time re-typing. The Google search engine is maximally user-oriented: its own versions of the system are in most countries of the world, including Russia, Ukraine, Kazaksthstan. Also, a special “lightweight” version, adapted for WAP-traffic, was developed. Search engine Google is really mobile!
Useful services – for each user
Search engine Google provides the widest search capabilities. The system is equipped with 6 additional services, making searching for the necessary information, files and materials faster and more convenient.
Google search by pictures
Just enter the desired word or phrase in the search bar, in response to which you will get images that match the query. In addition, you can specify the size (large, medium, small) and the prevailing color, type of images (faces, b / w drawings, photos), the time of their placement and the right to use.
The Google SEO search engine has access to millions of videos, allowing them to be downloaded and viewed in real time. As an additional parameter, you can specify the search for materials only on Russian-language sites.
In response to user requests, the Google search engine produces the most relevant news, sorting them by novelty. The top lines of the search – the most recent news, posted a few hours ago, then – the news for the previous days. It is noteworthy that before the introduction of search queries the system will form a list of the most relevant news publications from 400 different sources. In this case, the news will be distributed according to the degree of popularity (the frequency of appearance on the World Wide Web).
Relatively new, but extremely useful service, allowing you to find the right products at the best price. You do not have to look through dozens of online stores any more: all products displayed on the network are accessible through Google Shopping. Here you can get acquainted with the characteristics and cost of products, and if you want to purchase it – go to the seller’s website and place an order!
When you go to this service, the system automatically determines the location of the user, offering a map of his city with the indication of large shopping centers, shops and public transport stops. If you need to change the city, you just need to enter its name in the corresponding line. If you need to find a specific street, also enter its name boldly, and Google’s intelligent search engine will offer suitable options.
Google Books provides access to tens of millions of books, including modern literature, books for study and business, classical works of Russian and foreign authors. When you click on the link, the user will receive a version for reading with the ability to scroll through pages, view one or two pages in standard or full-screen mode. Selected books can be purchased (download to a computer, a tablet, in some cases – to a smartphone, e-book). Also, the search engine allows you to order a printed version of the book you like through the sites-partners: Ozon.ru, Books.ru.
How do I search the Google search engine?
For a successful search optimisation on Google, remember several important search operators: • “queries in quotes” – so you can find the phrase exactly as it was entered;
• queries with -minus – if you do not want to see queries with a specific word in the search result , simply put a “-” sign in front of it;
• queries with ~ synonyms – in this case the “~” character preceded by the word will allow you to see the results of the issue not only with his participation, but also with the entry of his synonyms;
• queries about this – the use of the sign “|” is appropriate when entering two queries with one common word, for example, when searching immediately and the telefilm “Poor Nastya”, and the story “Poor Liza” (poor lisa | nastya);
• queries with * forgotten words – if one of the words in the phrase is forgotten, it does not matter – put “*” in its place, and the required results are sure to be found;
• queries about both & and about this – the “&” sign allows you to search for pages in which two concepts, two people, two events are mentioned simultaneously;
• filetype search requests: in a specific format – use, for example, the operator filetype: xls (instead of xls you can substitute any other format), will find only Microsoft Excel documents;
• related inquiries: on similar sites – using the operator related: google.ru (instead of google.com you can use the address you need) will allow you to find similar sites on the network;
• link requests: with links to the desired site – the link operator: google.com (google.ru is also replaced with the correct address) helps you find sites on the network that link to the portal of interest;
• site requests: on a particular site, what you are interested in – using the site: ria.ru operator + the query you need, you can view all results within only one site;
• An interesting query and AROUND (2) that you forgot – the AROUND () operator with the specified number of brackets (indicating the number of missed words) allows you to search in the documents for phrases that you do not remember entirely, that is, you can specify only the first and the last part.
Search will become really simple and fast with skillful handling of the Google search engine – check it out for yourself!
Video how to search in Google: